Sunday, May 23, 2010

Ace Places To Shop, Part 1

Now that I've got your attention, I'll get onto the real topic of today's post.
Is there anything more exciting in life than discovering a great shop that's cheap too? yeah, yeah...birth of children, wedding day etc. , but those thrills were a while ago now, so currently I have to get my thrills wherever I can find them. This week they were found at Rathdowne Remants in Victoria Street, Brunswick, Melbourne, the World, the Universe.
They used to be in Rathdowne Street, Carlton, as the name suggests, so I had not been there since my student days. Joyfully, I found that they are still great value. Look at all that stuff above in the photo (It's all wool fabric by the way). Guess how much it cost. Guess. OK, don't guess, but the whole lot was $10. What are you going to do with it all, I hear you ask. You'll just have to imagine me saying to myself very quietly 'no idea', but you can't argue with the cheapness factor. I also bought denim remnants, and they have a great selection of really beautiful fabrics of all kinds, as well as some interesting buttons, trims etc.
So if you find yourself in Brunswick, you know what to do. By the way, the cheesecake photo not only shows my untapped food stylist skills, but also the figs from our fig tree. We only planted it last year and now we have a harvest big enough to do fancy fruit things to the top of desserts! Hope I've made you hungry.......

2 comments:

  1. I haven't been there but it seems that I must go! The cheesecake looks super tastey :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have!! Might have to go and eat some neenish tarts, yum! Thanks for the sweet treats today & the gift of your amazing fabric. Re R.R., I went to school near the orginal shop and spent many happy hours trawling through it's wonderfulness. for some reason I can remember buying some hot pink fluffy fabric..I think it became a puppet. Glad to hear it's still an ace shop, can't wait for shop no. 2!

    ReplyDelete