Wednesday, July 28, 2010

New ways with denim....You know you want them!

On the week end something exciting happened to me. No, Keanu Reeves didn't come over for a cup of tea (that's next week), but I was the lucky recipient of the New Idea Denim Book. My stepmother, Robyn, delivered a huge box of goodies to me....knitting patterns, crochet patterns, crafty stuff and more going back to the early 1960's including the gem above. The collector of all these items was Robyn's friend Jan's late mother, and Jan thought that by sending them to me they would be fully appreciated. Boy, was she on the right track! It's a goldmine!

As you may know, I am particularly partial to men in knitwear. Who wouldn't be when confronted with this chappy? The amazing thing is that these glasses are currently selling for big bucks down at OPSM.....all the young groovers are sporting this look in 2010 as well.

tuniGood taste never goes out of style, and if I could crochet i would be all over this pattern. Instead I will have to take my new treasures to craft group and see if some of the clever sheilas down there want to whip up a crochet tunic for Spring!

These two ladies above are my favourite so far. The colours, the hairstyles, the belt buckles, the cravat and the strategically placed hand on the chin. These tick all the boxes...... The best thing about inheriting all these things is that it reminds me there is always someone who will appreciate things the same way you do. Hopefully one day when I have gone to the great craft studio in the sky, someone will appreciate all my crap too and get excited about it the way I do.


So crafters...let's get Crafty!!!! I will have many more goodies to share with you on future trips down memory lane, especially as all I have to show at the moment are 3 not quite finished knitting projects. I feel a menswear special in the pipeline so stay tuned.........

1 comment:

  1. Oooo Fippa what a goldmine. I'd adore a quick squizz at that denim gem. Well done, expect there'll be some gems appearing soon ;-) Hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete